Butler-LS - AP Stainless Steel Top Rings
Piston rings have been an area of considerable focus and development. Piston rings account for a large proportion of the total friction in the engine. This high friction can compromise needed sealing and deminish the life of the engine. Piston rings are subject to wear as they move up and down the cylinder bore. This wear can mean the loss of valuable horsepower. To combat this Butler LS partners with Total Seal to offer a full line of piston rings for your new build or rebuilding your current engine. We offer Total Seal rings in several types of materials and coatings; CR-Classic Race(Moly coated top ring), CS-Classic Steel (AP Stainless Steel Top), and CT-Classic TNT (Heat Treated Ductile Iron) . Most of these are also offered in M-Top Gapless sets.
ADVANCED PROFILING STEEL RINGS- Classic Steel Top- AP Stainless
- Manufactured from 440B stainless steel
- Stronger, Longer life and Most Precise Tolerances
- Saves money (fewer teardowns)
- Thinner, Flatter and Lighter
- Conforms Better to the Cylinder Wall
- 1.0mm and larger available any bore size 2.992"-5.125"
- Special axial sizing upon request
- Works well in all applications, notably dirt environments
- Easier on cylinders, reducing bore wear
- Uses C33 face coating: doesn't allows dirt to penetrate coating
- Available in Gapless or Conventional